I just fired the M249 Saw

Today I am actually doing some real Army training, instead of sitting in the office doing administration stuff. As part of our training for deployment we have to fire several different weapons systems. I normally only fire the M16A2. But when we are deployed we have to be prepared for any situations, such as convoys and what not. I just fired the M249 (also known as the Saw) for the first time in my life. I have a lot of respect for infantry guys that have to fire those all the time. My body hurts! It doesn't help that I am only about five feet tall! My arms are to short To reach the charging handle comfortable, so every time I had to charge it, I would get this tingly feeling in my arm. It is very exciting to be behind an automatic weapon and just let loose. But I don't think this will be my assigned weapon, I just made the minimum you need to qualify of 35 hits.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emma's Christmas Pageant

Grace Pillow Knit pattern designed by Denise Bayron

Anthrax shots suck!