12 Shawls in 2012

One of my knitting goals for 2012 was to knit at least 12 shawls within the year. I am happy to say that I succeeded in meeting my goal! The first shawl I knit is one that I actually designed myself, the Madeira Spring Shawl. I designed this shawl to use hand spun yarn and I wanted it to be a light weight airy for spring time. 


The second shawl I knit was a variation of the Maderia Spring shawl, with a few alternations. I made this shawl smaller for my daughter.


The third shawl that I knit was the Traveling Woman Shawl. I have been wanting to knit this shawl for a long time and this far its the most intricate shawl that I have ever knit. I knit this with some lovely hand dyed yarn from LushMommy.


The fourth shawl is another one that I designed myself, using LushMommy yarn. I knit this as a comfort shawl for a friend that lost a baby.
 

Shawl number five, was another Traveling Woman Shawl, because I loved knitting it so much the first time. I knit it using Into the Whirled hand dyed sock yarn.

The sixth shawl I knit was the vertex shawl. I knit this using hand spun yarn from Craftypuppylover.

The seventh shawl I knit has been on my list to knit for many years. The Ishbel Shawl. I knit this using Madelinetosh Merino light yarn. It was my first time knitting with this yarn and I am in love.

Shawl number 8 was the Hitchhiker Shawl. I knit it using Knittink Batgirl hand dyed yarn. I used size 4 needles instead os size 2 like that pattern called for and knit 26 teeth instead of 41.

The 9th Shawl that I knit was for a shawl swap I hosted in my Ravelry group. The Lace Mess Shawl, I knit using one skein of Patons Wool Merino.


Shawl number 10 was the Baktus knit using hand dyed sparkle sock yarn from Craftypuppylover.

The 11th Shawl I knit was the Floe. I knit it using some lovely handspun from my friend Sara.

And the 12th and Final Shawl of the year was the Cinnamon Grace. Knit using Fleece Artist BFL Sock yarn. I did a smaller border edging then the pattern called for. I would have liked this to be a little bigger, I think if I knit it again I would have used bigger needles then the pattern calls for maybe a size 6 instead.

Blog Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!