A Promotion and a Good Bye to the Army

Today I say good bye to the Army after a 13 year career. I am being medically retired early, so I will receive retirement pay and benefits just as if I stayed for twenty years. It is bitter sweet. I love being in the Army, my job, my unit and the people I worked with every day, but I'm also excited to start a new chapter in my life. I also get to have some freedoms that I didn't have before like painting my fingernails, coloring my hair pink and getting my nose pierced again with out having to take it out every day. Today I also got promoted to Sergeant First Class and received two awards, the Meritorious Service Medal and the Connecticut Medal of Merit.
Blog Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!