More Green

So I have been researching to find where I can buy organic products in my area. I found a great store in downtown Mystic, right across the draw bring. Its called Puritan and Genesta natural Food store. It's apparently been there for years, and I have driven by it many times, but I never knew where it was. They have a great selection of food and other natural products. Here are more ways we are trying to help the environment in my house hold.

- Unplug appliances when they aren't being used. I had no idea that even if the product is turned off it still sucks up energy just being plugged in.

-Not sure if this one counts as good for the environment, but it is good for my body. I started using Thai deodorant stone. It has no chemicals or aluminum in it.

-Only organic meat with no antibiotics or hormones in them for my family anymore.

-We will be participating in earth hour on March 29th at 8 pm, bu turning off all lights and appliances in our house for an hour. Check out the site http://www.earthhour.org/
"So far, as well as Sydney, there'll also be Chicago, Tel Aviv, Manila, Copenhagen, Melbourne, Brisbane and Toronto all turning off their lights for an hour in the name of fighting global warming."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just stumbled upon your blog...I've only read your most recent post and it seems we both have similar interests. I just made a post about Earth Hour, I'm also looking for organic/locally grown food and figuring out ways to make my house more environmentally friendly. :) I also love the layou, you can be sure I'll be back to read more.
sarah jerger said…
Hi Shannon! Great blog! I've added it to my blog roll as well. I love what you're talking about with going green. I've been doing a lot of reading on it lately too and it's so easy to make small changes... if only everyone would! p.s. viva handmade! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!