Just want to go

These past two weeks I have been doing an enormous amount of training for deployment preparation. last week we spent the week in Fort Dix doing Weapon Qualification. We had to qualify the Regular range, NBC and Night Fire. We also got CCO Scopes installed on our weapons and had to qualify with those, instead of our iron sights. This is the first time our unit has ever used this site, so it took some getting used too. If you have no Clue what I am talking about you can click on M68 Close Combat Optical to Find out what it is. After not qualifying on my M16 on the first time ever in my military career, I had some wonderful training by a man that has his own private range. The next day I shot 30 out of 40 on the regular range, 15 out of 20 with my gas mask on and 28 out of 30 on the Night Fire Range. I also forgot to mention that we also fired with IBA and Sapi plates for the first time ever. I am actually glad that I didn't qualify the first go around because it gave me a chance to get more practice with the CCO. Honestly if I could fire my M16 once a month I would be happy! I only get to touch the thing once a year!

This week we have been doing a bunch of other mismatched training in Land Navigation, Urban Ops, blah blah. I have been so exhausted when I get home (later than normal I might add). I kind of miss that we could just go the MOB Station and do all of this training and then leave to go over seas. It sucks having to go home every night after all of this and be to tired to cook for my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!