International Campaign for Tibet

I am excited, a few weeks ago I ordered some stickers and bracelets from the International Campaign for Tibet Website and they were here waiting for me when I came home last night. I wanted to share them.

The first is the Rangzen (freedom) bracelet. The tag reads "Originally created by Tibetan political prisoners from threads of their prison uniforms, the "rangzen" (freedom) bracelets quickly became a popular symbol of resistance to Chinese occupation in Tibet. The weave design is similar to the famous "dzi" turquoise beads, which are believed to protect the wearer. ICT is helping to support recently arrived Tibetans, including political prisoners, who weave these bracelets in Northern India."

The second thing I got is a sticker which is going on my car today. I had seen these in the window of the Dharma Jewel Shop and have been wanting one ever since.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Emma's Calorimetry