Blog Challenge Day 12: Five facts about the city I live in (Groton, CT)

Currently I live in the city of Groton, Connecticut. Weirdly part of Groton is considered Groton Town and a smaller part of it is considered Groton city (that's where I live). I've lived here for about 8 years on and off. I originally moved here because I worked in Groton and I wanted to be close to work. My work was moved to Niantic in February this year, but I'm still in Groton. Here are some facts I found out about Groton City:

  1. Groton was first settled in 1655 as Groton Bank.
  2. It is the only remaining city in the state of Connecticut that is not governmentally and areally consolidated with its parent town.
  3. The population is about 9, 395
  4. In 2000 the median income for a household in the city was $40,515.
  5. 33.6% of all households were made up of individuals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!