Learning to knit

I have decided to add another craft hobby to my repertoire. I have decided to attempt to learn how to knit. I already know how to crochet, thanks to my cousin Stephanie. She introduced me to crocheting about 15 years ago when I was 11. So I went to Michael's craft store and bought a kit, "I taught myself knitting" by the Boye Company. It came with a book, to sets of knitting needles, a cable hook, and a couple of other items that one might need when they are knitting. I like the idea of this package because I wouldn't have known that I needed some of the items that were in it. For the most part the instructions are very easy to follow. One thing I was confused on was the purl stitch. So I went on line and did a search for knitting videos. I came across an awesome site, that has tons of videos on how to do all different types of stitches. Now I can do the purl stitch!! This site is http://www.knittinghelp.com There videos show both the English style and continental style types of knitting. They also have forums that you can speak to other knitters about knitting stuff.

For now I have just been practicing the different stitches to make sure I get them perfect before I start an actual project. My friend Amy and I, are planning on having our little crochet and knitting club to help pass the time, while we are deployed. I already have a list of things I am going to attempt to make, while I am deployed. Baby blankets, baby clothes, mittens, scarfs, shawls. I'll post some pictures as the time comes along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!