Work In Progress Wednesday - October 5, 2016

It's my first work in progress Wednesday since March and this is a good one. While I have about 6 projects on the needles currently, this week I have been working exclusively on one project. I am knitting my first ever pair of socks!! I have been knitting for almost 9 years now and I have been scared up until now to try socks. I have two pairs of hand knit socks that my friends have knit for me, but I want more. So I figured now was the time to learn, with the encouragement of my good knitting friend Sara, I cast on my first sock this past weekend and I finished the first one in three days! It was so much easier then I thought it would be! I stated out with a simple stockinette sock pattern that I found on the Knit Picks website (Go Your Own Way Socks by Stacey Winklepleck). I am knitting the socks using Knitters Pride double pointed needles. I did get a slight ladder in the sock, so I think next time I knit a different pair of socks I will attempt to knit them on two circular needles. I am using a lovely skein of hand dyed Sparkle Sock Yarn from Bohoknitterchic that I have had since 2013. My feet are tiny so I plan on knitting a second pair of socks with this skein for my daughter. Here is my first ever sock!
Blog Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!