First Novelty Yarn

I've been interested in "Novelty" yarns for about a year now since seeing them on Ravelry. I love the idea of combining different materials to make art yarns. I am still fairly new to spinning so I decided to concentrate on just spinning regular yarn for the first two months, but now I am ready to venture into making art yarns. I have seen this type of 2-ply bubbly looking yarn and I wanted that to be my first try at novelty yarn. I spun up a single of a multi colored fine merino top from Shunklies and plied it with a navy blue crochet cotton to get this bubbly yarn. It took me a while to figure out how to get the effect but I think I did pretty well for my first attempt. I love spinning!

A close up of the yarn.


Here is a picture of the wonderful Fine Merino Top Roving from Shunklies before I spun it up.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm a sucker for art yarns and I love this colorway. Gorgeous.
Anonymous said…
Oh wow this is so cute! It turned out really nice. :)

-GrinningMadly

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!