A personal touch to Christmas Gifts

I am a very crafty person. I paint, draw, crochet, make cards, make jewelry, etc. Just about anything with art, you name it I can do it. This year my daughter and I decided to make Christmas Ornaments and put them on the outside of gifts that we are giving to people. We went to JoAnn Fabrics where they had unpainted wooden ornaments all of sorts. Angels, Santa, Snowmen, Penguins, Snowflakes etc. Some of the ornaments had a Slot that you could add a picture to the middle of the ornament. Emma and I painted the ornaments with acrylic pants and glitter paint. Then I added a picture of Emma to most of the ornaments. Everyone always wants a picture of a cute little, blue eyed, blond hair girl! I thought this was a great way to make the gifts more personal. And it helps Emma develop her art skills. Below are come pictures of some of the ornaments we made.









I was very proud of Emma, she painted this snowflake all by herself, blending different colors together.

















I painted this snowflake with white and blue paint and put a picture of Emma inside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!