First Attempt at Coils in Yarn

I joined the Novelty and Art Yarn Spinners group on Ravelry. It is filled with wonderfully talented spinners. I love spinning and this group has inspired me to try new things to create novelty and art yarns. Here is a picture of my first attempt at adding coils to yarn.


First I spun a thick and thin single of pink merino top and then plied it with Navy Blue crochet cotton. I held the crochet cotton straight up and held the merino at a 45 degree angle and let it wrap in around the cotton. Then to get the coils in some areas, I stopped spinning the spindle and smooshed the merino down the crochet cotton to create the coils. Overall I like how it came out. I think next attempt I am going to over spin the thick and thin single for a tighter affect.
Blog Signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!