I'm Phatalicous! Part I

I finally received my box from Phat Fiber today! I squealed with delight when I saw the box being brought to me by the unit mail clerk. It only took 5 days to get here, which is fast compared to the rest of the mail I have been getting lately. I opened the box and a wonderful smell came over me. I couldn't help but pet and snuggle the wonderful yarn and fibers I received.

First are the Fiber Samples I received. From left to right: Giffordables 1/2 oz Batt of 75% Corriedale & Romney, 25% Silk & linen, it also came with a little bag of angora. Giffordables is one of my mew favorite Fiber Artist. I read a post on the PhatFiber Blog about her batts so I decided to check out her shop. The batts are wonderful and very inexpensive, I just had to order 4 batts from her. Not to mention that the owner, Suzie, is a sweet heart (I will be posting a seperate blog with more about Giffordables and with pics of the batts I ordered). Next the multi colored green is from Spincerely Yours (the tag wouldn't stay down) it is a super soft blend of merino and tencel. Spincerely Yours is going to be a definte fiber purchase in the future. The little package of green right below the Spincerely is a lovely green hand dyed lock of Mohair from Northern Lights Fiber Co. I have grand plans of getting a drum carder so I will be checking out Northern Lights for some Mohair in the future! Next on the Right top is a wonderful sampler bag from East Kentucky Fibers. The bag contains 5different sample colorways of Rambouillet combed top and White Merino that is ooh so soft. On the Right Bottom is a sample of hand painted 50% Alpaca, 30% Merino & 20% Tussah Silk from Whorling Tides, another wonderfully soft sample!

Next are the Yarns from Left to right:Hand spun Yarn from Simply Twisted Yarn, Green Yarn from Knit it Up Yarns, Beautiful blueish yarn and stitch marker from Mad Angel Creations, lovely hand spun Irish Gold Yarn from Wollyhands, a lavendar yarn from Melissa's Kre8tions, A fingering weight hand dyed from Teresa Levite Studio and on the bottom is Springtime hand dyed from Calizona Designs (I also got a $10 gift certificate, a tile pendant and stitch markers.

My favorite samples of all are from some friends and fellow Knit Girls of mine.
I got a pattern for Brittnay a.k.a Bohoknitterchics Bocca Bociata Hair comb, I almost bought this pattern too! I got a lovely shawl pin from DawningDreams, now I have an excuse to make a shawl! And I got a magnet from BananaMigraine. I am so happy that I was able to get a sample from all of them!

I also got a few other small accessories that I will do another post about later on! I love my box and all the contributors are great.

Blog Signature

Comments

Classic Mully said…
Hi there! I'm so happy you love your box! Thank you for letting out the secret contents. You rock for posting this.
Much Love,
Classic
(Calizona Designs)

Popular posts from this blog

Anthrax shots suck!

The M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Spinning away!!